Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dessert

One of the reasons I love eating raw, is the desserts. So many good things you can eat and you don't have to worry about raising your glycemic levels and feeling like shit after.

Some things I've made:



Almond meal and coconut cookies with cacao chips.

I've made these several times, they always turn out good. They are basically like a chocolate chip cookie and a coconut macaroon combined.

Recipe from Ani's Raw Food Essentials, in which I added shredded coconut and vanilla



Cacao and coconut truffles.

Holy shit these were amazing and made me feel great.

Recipe from Living Raw Food



Mint cacao cashew ice cream.

I have to say, it didn't turn out to be that good. It wasn't bad, but not great either. I think next time, I would use a recipe that used coconut in it as well for a better overall flavor.

Receipe from Ani's Raw Food Essentials



Cacao Mousse.

Flavor was great but the texture was not so great. The irish moss that I used in this wouldn't break down all the way, so the texture was a little crunchy due to that :(

Receipe from I am Grateful



Cacao mint thins.

So. Good.

Recipe from Living Raw Food



Perfect for sundaes

I LOVE ordering dessert at raw restaurants, its my favorite part. Probably because desserts are my favorite in general. I have been to a lot of raw restaurants in LA and NY, and my fav desserts were definately at Pure Food and Wine in NYC.



So good I had to buy the recipe books and attempt to make some them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment